I truly believe that every bride is beautiful! As cheesy at that sounds, when you are marrying and committing your life to your best friend, you will always have a glow and radiance about you. It’s common to have your photographed snapped these days, but having a big camera pointed your way by a professional can be intimidating! You don’t want to worry about the photography at all on your wedding day, so here are my 5 tips that will help you relax and look your best on one of the most important days of your life.
1. Make sure your photographer is someone you trust. Obviously you chose your photographer because you love their photographs and style (I hope!) see this blog post for tips on choosing your photographer. Remind yourself of this before your engagement shoot or wedding by going through your photographers past work on their website to set your expectations and ease your nerves!
2. Prepare! It’s so important to have a professional do your hair and makeup, make sure you are on the same page. Also consider the weather on the day. You may have your heart set on beautiful loose curls, but if it’s a hot and humid day consider a plan B option in advance. It’s a great idea to have a trial. Consider slipping into your wedding dress a few days before your wedding to get used to wearing it. This is also helpful for any last minute adjustments. You want to be able to breathe and feel completely comfortable!
3. Consider an engagement shoot. This isn’t necessary for everyone, but if you know you get really nervous and tend to tense up when a camera is aimed your way, it might be a great idea to have a pre wedding photo shoot to put your nerves at ease so you can fully relax on your wedding day.
4. Don’t feel like you have to be constantly smiling. This may seem really odd to say, especially coming from me – I love smiling happy photographs! But I will take a genuine smile over a stiff one any day. Don’t feel like it’s your job to have a constant smile on your dial for your whole photo shoot, only smile when you genuinely feel like it. And don’t worry, I won’t ever make you “say cheese”.
5. Relax and enjoy yourself! Focus on the love of your life and have fun together. I love to give my couples something to do together when I’m taking their photograph, (it could be as simple as walking) to take their mind off the camera. If something unexpected happens on your wedding day (like less than ideal weather) focus on relaxing and be determined to enjoy your day no matter what. All the planning and preparation has been done, so your only job should be to have the time of your LIFE. xx
Image above is from Sarah & David’s amazing day, see more here.