We are currently less than 3 weeks away from packing up our life in Melbourne! The scariest thing is – we need to fit most of our belongings into about 4 bags. If you didn’t read our exciting announcement last week, my husband and I are moving to the US(!) early next year, for one year. In the meantime, we will be in NZ from Christmas, until we leave (I go the end of April).
Because we are only able to take the bare necessities and essentials with us, we need to downsize and become more minimalist with the way we live. I’ve been researching Christmas gift ideas that aren’t necessary physical, but are experience or pleasure based and give value in other ways – like learning a new skill, or creating amazing memories.
These ideas could also be useful for that someone who already has everything, travels a lot, or lives quite minimally. I am such a lover of beautiful packaging, and lovely handwritten notes, so I think when you give these types of gifts it’s important to wrap up vouchers, tickets or cards in a beautiful way. You could also print a 6×4″ personal photo to go with the gift, and, of course, always write a card.
2) Food & Drink | Create your own hamper with boutique wine, cheese, chocolate, olive oil etc.
3) Read | A Kindle would be a great gift to replace lots of heavy books!
6) Donate | World Vision Smiles.
8) Fresh flowers. With number 9, of course.
9) Handwritten letter of appreciation, written in a beautiful card. In fact, I think this should be included with every present you give!
Do you have any minimalist gift ideas to add? I would LOVE to hear from you! xx